Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - May 7-14, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

This is a little late in getting posted, but I was too worn out to put something together until now.

In my life this week…
Life happened fast and furiously this week! We had something going every night. I had a wonderful Mother's Day - Olive Garden, a gerbera daisy plant, and a new Willow Tree figurine, plus spending time with my husband and kids. I also made Destini a new skirt to wear to her piano recital.

In our homeschool this week…
School resumed back to normal. I felt I had to do A LOT of prodding. Caleb finished up his Easy Grammar Plus book this week--yeah! We also stopped in our Apologia Exploring Creation with Zoology 1 for the year. We have covered birds, bats, pterodactyls, and butterflies and we will start the book up next year studying insects.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
I went to my monthly homeschool Mom's meeting. The boys were able to finally play their first baseball game. We ended the week by going to Destini's 1st piano recital.

My favorite thing this week was…
I had a bunch! Mother's Day, the boy's baseball game and Destini's piano recital!

What’s working/not working for us…
I'm not sure how well Apologia's Notebook Journals work in our home. I like the basic idea of it, but trying to get Destini to do it is like pulling hen's teeth!

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…
I really need to think about next year plans. Since we still have over a month of school left, I am not feeling very inspired to start planning. I know this will pass, though I don't usually get inspired until the day I should be starting back up!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…


Mother Day 2011

See what others are doing over at The Homeschool Chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails