Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - May 22-28, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…
Well, I started off the week incredible sick. I stayed in bed all day Monday, and amazingly the kids actually completed their work for the day. On Tuesday I told my husband I was going to get better even if it killed me, so I cautiously got up and was even able to go to work even though I took it easy. After that the week seemed to speed by and I have felt like I've been trying to catch up ever since.

In our homeschool this week…
We are still have a couple of weeks yet, but we are slowly closing in on the finish. Chantry and Destini were able to finish Joan of Arc and we also did some extra reading in Seabird and Pagoo. Destini is working really hard on finishing up her Easy Grammar book.

Caleb is still consistently working on everything. He seems to finally have found a way to get all his history assignments in for the week, of course, within weeks of stopping!

We started a new hymn and folk song. We will continue to do this through out the summer since we do it during our family devotions. Our new hymn is "My Jesus, I Love Thee" and our folk song is "A Tisket, A Tasket."

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Due to rain, we didn't make it to baseball practice or have a ballgame. Shade took the kids to the park to hit the ball. Destini also had a piano lesson this week which was exciting since her piano teacher had her baby since the last time we saw her.

My favorite thing this week was…
Caleb is finished with H.E.L.P.!!!!!!!!! I couldn't go to his last session since I was sick in bed, but my spirit was doing a happy dance!

What’s working/not working for us…
Science! I have moaned about this before, but when I mentioned finding a different science curriculum for next year my husband vetoed the idea. He feels it stretches Caleb in a good way. I am throwing the idea around of doing one semester of science and one semester of history next year and see if this would make a difference.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…
I'm excited about finishing up, but I need to start planning for next year so I can make my list to take to our local curriculum sale and homeschool conference coming up in June.

A photo, video, link or quote to share…
We are surrounded by baseball, the boys even have Delani working at it. Of course, she is a typical girl--just check out the shoes!


See what other are doing over at The Homeschool Chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails