Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - April 25-30, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…
We had our spring break this week since my parents came to visit on Tuesday. Of course, that did require some serious cleaning! Other than that we have had a pretty relaxing week and spending quality time with my parents.

In our homeschool this week…
No schoolwork, though Destini and Chantry recited their Bible memory in church. They recited 6 verses about the Bible:


Psalm: 119:105 - Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Isaiah 40:8 - The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Psalm 119:16 - I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.
Psalm 119:72 - The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.


Psalm 119:103 - How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Psalm 119:11- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Grandma and Papa arrived Tuesday night and we spent the week just being together. Saturday we went to the coast for a short visit at the ocean and a longer visit at the outlet mall.

My favorite thing this week was…
Having a relaxing week of now school work and spending time with my parents.

What’s working/not working for us…
After much thought, I think I'm going to drop Explode the Code with Chantry and go back to All About Spelling. Now that he has gotten through his little hump of spelling consonant blends he needs the repetition of the spelling rules to help with vowel blends.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have
I was able to register for our local Homeschool Convention this week and am looking forward to going in June.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

The kids with Grandma and Papa



The ocean is truly beautiful, but it is ALWAYS cold, usually windy, and just not my cup of tea!


The girls with Grandma.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails