Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - April 18-22, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…
It was a pretty normal week. I did a bit of baking this week, which is very rare for me! I also had last minute details to take care before Easter.

In our homeschool this week…
We spent Monday catching up on some odds and ends that we didn't get finished last week, since we were out of town for a few days. On Tuesday we started work on this week's workload.

Caleb is real close to completing up his HELP sessions, which are exercises to help with some learning problems. I let him drop his Physical Science and History studies for this week so we could focus on HELP.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
On Friday we took a field trip to the Robert Newell House Museum, One-Room School and Pioneer Mothers Log Cabin at Champoeg State Park here in Oregon. After we started the tour, I realized I had forgotten my camera! We did enjoy ourselves and it will have to be an event we remember in our heads. I was thankful that the sun did shine that day, as we spent some time outside, including our picnic lunch, but I was freezing by the time we left!

We made a mad dash home to warm up and get dinner ready. After dinner the boys and dad headed to baseball practice and the girls and I headed out shopping to find a couple of items to finish up Easter outfits.

My favorite thing this week was…
Our field trip!

What’s working/not working for us…
I won't say that the Apologia Physical Science ISN'T working, but it sure has been a difficult subject to keep on top of.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…
We will be having our Spring Break this week to coincide with my parent's coming to visit. This is long overdue break, especially for me!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
A song to celebrate Easter, which also happens to be Caleb's favorite song.


See what others are doing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails