Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Book Review: Birds of a Feather by Jacqueline Winspear

Birds of a Feather (Maisie Dobbs, Book 2)

Book Description:

Jacqueline Winspear’s marvelous and inspired debut, Maisie Dobbs, won her fans from coast to coast and raised her intuitive, intelligent, and resourceful heroine to the ranks of literature’s favorite sleuths. Birds of a Feather finds Maisie Dobbs on another dangerously intriguing adventure in London "between the wars." It is the spring of 1930, and Maisie has been hired to find a runaway heiress. But what seems a simple case at the outset soon becomes increasingly complicated when three of the heiress’s old friends are found dead. Is there a connection between the woman’s mysterious disappearance and the murders? Who would want to kill three seemingly respectable young women? As Maisie investigates, she discovers that the answers lie in the unforgettable agony of the Great War.
My thoughts:
Birds of a Feather by Jacqueline Winspear is the second book in the Maisie Dobbs Series. I find I have really enjoyed this series so far. These very gentle mysteries have mainly been centered around the effects of World War I. Birds of a Feather (Maisie Dobbs, Book 2) was a fascinating story and kept me on my toes, especially since I couldn't figure out the murderer. This is not only a mystery, but a story of a young woman coming to terms with life. I look forward to continuing in this series.

I do want to note that I listened to the audio of this book, which was narrated by Kim Hicks. Though her voice wasn't what I "expected" Maisie Dobb's voice to be, she does a remarkable job of narrating.

1 comment:

  1. I've had Maisie Dobbs on my TBR list for ages. Reading your review makes me want to get right to it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails