Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A-Z Wednesday


A-Z Wednesday is hosted by Vicky of Reading at the Beach. To join, look here.

This weeks letter is: O

Oliver Twist (Puffin Classics)

Oliver Twist (Puffin Classics) by Charles Dickens

Book Description:
Nine-year-old Oliver has spent his life in a workhouse orphanage, where he becomes notorious for daring to ask for more food. Frustrated and hungry, he runs away to London, where he falls into the company of a gang of clever pickpockets, including Fagin, Bill Sykes, and the Artful Dodger. OliverÂ’s future looks uncertain, until a mysterious plot against him is unraveled by the kind Mr. Brownlow. What will become of poor Oliver Twist?

My thoughts:
Here is another book I have yet to read that is sitting patiently waiting to be retrieved from my shelf. (sigh)

8 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a Dickens fan, so I'll probably never read this one, but I loved the musical! Good choice for an "O" book. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Oliver Twist...lovely story. Love that cover.

    Here's mine:

    http://laurel-rain-outonalimb.blogspot.com/2010/05/z-wednesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. A classic!! Great choice!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/05/to-z-starts-with-o.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. My SO's 12 year old just read Oliver Twist. (She's a great classics reader.. has twice read The Odyssey and is currently reading The Iliad).

    She reports that it had a great beginning and end, but got very boring in the middle. I found the same thing with Great Expectations.

    If you get around to it, I hope it treats you better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    I haven't read Charles Dickens books, but have seen the movies. Maybe someday I'll get around to reading his books. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2010/05/z-wednesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Oliver Twist, but my son has and he liked it.

    My `O` is up

    http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/2010/05/out-of-dust-by-karen-hesse.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The second I saw your post, I said "ooooohhhh!" How could I forget Oliver Twist? I've read it at least twice. Very good! I hope you get to read it soon!

    Thanks for visiting the new Proud Book Nerd! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember having to read this in school and then getting to watch the movie, which I thought was much better. Wonder if I would think the same way today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails