Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A-Z Wednesday


A-Z Wednesday is hosted by Vicky of Reading at the Beach. To join, look here.

This weeks letter is: F
Photobucket
Friday's Child by Georgette Heyer

Book Synopsis:
When the incomparable Miss Milbourne spurns the impetuous Lord Sherington's marriage proposal (she laughs at him-laughs!) he vows to marry the next female he encounters, who happens to be the young, penniless Miss Hero Wantage, who has adored him all her life. Whisking her off to London, Sherry discovers there is no end to the scrapes his young, green bride can get into, and she discovers the excitement and glamorous social scene of the ton. Not until a deep misunderstanding erupts and Sherry almost loses his bride, does he plumb the depths of his own heart, and surprises himself with the love he finds there.

My thoughts:
I started this book a couple of weeks ago, but have found it to be very slow going.I am enjoying it, but I keep finishing my other books faster. Hopefully, I will get this finished off by next week.

7 comments:

  1. This one is new to me!

    Thanks for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like Heyer but I haven't read this one yet.

    Here's my F book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have got some Heyer's books on my stacks, but have not read her yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One I haven't read yet. But, yes, it is in my TBR.

    My F book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am probably one of the few people who has never read Heyer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through the letter L, but I have read Heyer and like her tremendously. Friday isn't one of the best though, so don't give up on her because of it. Maybe try The Grand Sophy next.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails