Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Back to Homeschool 2014-2015: Science Curriculum

BTH - Science 

I previously mentioned that I used many of Charlotte Mason's methods in our homeschool and if you know anything about Charlotte Mason is that she advocated the use of nature study. Since I am the poster child for "how not to do nature study", we will just be focusing on using books for our science curriculum.

In the past I have used Apologia's elementary science, but last year we followed Ambleside Online's suggestions. This year AO did add some new options and since last year went well I decided that we will keep using living science books along with a science biography throughout the year and a few more biographies listed on free read list. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to be a nature study girl, but I'm not holding my breath on it.

BTH - Science Chant 

Chantry will be doing:

BTH - Science Des 

 Destini will be doing:

Destini started this book last year and with our move it didn't get finished. I decided to have her go ahead and finish it up and after that we'll decide which direction to go. I may have her do The Mystery of the Periodic Table and The Element iPad app and just have her do it at a faster pace than her brother or I have another curriculum that I may use, but I need to do some research first.

I know many kids her age are doing tougher science programs like Apologia, but we didn't have a good experience with it when my oldest went through it so I'm really leery about using it. I am hoping by next year we come across a curriculum that works for her.

Head on over and visit these other Review Crew Blogs as they share different topics on homeschooling.

Rebecca @ Raventhreads 
Jennifer @ Milk & Honey 
Mommy Dawn @ Guiding Light 
Homeschool Monique @ Living Life and Learning 

Back to Homeschool Blog Hop

1 comment:

  1. We are doing Apologia for science. I'll check out Ambelside.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails