Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Reading Journal #24 - My Reads on 3 P's: Potential, Priorities & Prayer



7 Tools for Cultivating Your Child's Potential by Zan Tyler

My thoughts:
In this book Zan Tyler talks shows how the family is created to help children find their potential. She shows 7 tools that will help in this endeavor. They include establishing identity, cultivating intimacy,  discovering purpose, developing a Biblical worldview, building character through discipleship and more. She also shares how these tools looked like in her home with her children.

I have to admit that I found this book both encouraging yet overwhelming! When I read about her experiences I felt quite intimidated wondering if I can cultivate great potential in my own children!  Right now I'm wondering if I can even get them to grasp grammar! But don't let that deter you from reading it. This book is an encouragement to rise above the normal and guide your children to their fullest potential. I will definitely be re-reading this to glean everything offered in this book.

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos


God's Priorities for Today's Woman: Discovering His Plan for You by Lisa Hughes

My thoughts:
I came across the title of this book after Carrie at Reading to Know reviewed it. This is a solid read for woman today, especially in our world today. I enjoyed the affirmation and even moments of conviction I received while reading about growing in holiness, loving my family, seeking wisdom, submission and so much more.

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos


Confessions of a Prayer Slacker by Diane Moody

My thoughts:
This was a book free Kindle book. I had to laugh at the title, because I think it only needed my picture on the cover to make it complete! This isn't an earth shattering book on prayer, but it tells the author's story of her struggle to make prayer a priority. Much of the material you probably have read in other books on prayer, but this was like having a friend sharing her heart and encouraging you on in her unique humorous style. This was an uplifting and encouraging read.

SCROLL Pictures, Images and Photos
I am linking up over at:
SatReviewbutton

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails