Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Homeschooler Mother's Journal - Beads & Books

The beads I bought for the younger kids
were hijacked by the older kids. Great fun was had by all!

In my life this week…
Monday afternoon we went to my brother-in-law's house for a BBQ. Food, fun, and fellowship--you can't ask for more!

Tuesday we got up and headed up to Portland to get the boys' haircuts. We also had to stop at the homeschool store, Exodus Books, to get another Scout book.

Wednesday saw my husband working really late which results in a late dinner. That pretty much shoots your evening, but we enjoy eating together and that is worth it.

Thursday was a pretty typical day. School, errands, and then it was time to head to church.

Friday was baseball game time.

In our homeschool this week…
The big news is that Caleb finished Algebra 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was allowed to take the rest of the week off in Math before he starts Geometry. He also finished up All American History Vol. 1. He will be doing school work through out the summer, though a lightened load.

Destini and Chantry finished up their literature book, The Heroes by Charles Kingsley. This was not a favorite read and they were thrilled to finish up the book. They also finished up their spelling books.

I have had Chantry working on his fine motor skills. I have had him cutting out coupons and I saw a big improvement this week. We added stringing beads to our routine. Of course, Delani has loved all these activities including the beads, though she stuck a bead up her nose!! I was freaking out. Thankfully, it slid out enough I could get it out. Oh, and the beads also attracted the older kids. They skipped stringing them and just created pictures on the table with them. (see picture above)

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
This week was just visiting relatives, haircuts, and baseball.

My favorite thing this week was…
A couple of weeks ago, Carrie at Reading to Know had a giveaway for a copy of The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict and I won a copy! Destini's favorite book series is The Mysterious Benedict Society , so when the package arrived this week I gave it to her. I hadn't told her I had won a copy and boy, was she surprised when she opened the package. I think she just floated on cloud nine for the rest of the day.

Questions/thoughts I have…
Trying to look ahead to next year and trying to decide if I'm going to continue with Rod and Staff's Spelling. I love that it is not teacher intensive, but..... This was our first year using it, so I may need more time with it. I also want to add more dictation in and wondering if that is feasible along with the spelling.

Things I’m working on…
We have a used curriculum sale coming up this week and I'm preparing to sell some items. I also am hoping to get to some sewing soon.

I’m reading…


I’m cooking…
We had spaghetti this week, which is a huge hit in this household. I will be glad when baseball is over so we can get back to meals that don't take 30 minutes to cook, 10 minutes to eat and 10 minutes to clean up.

I’m grateful for…
The Word of God.

I’m praying for…
Peace in my heart.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Destini's new book which came as a surprise!


I am linking up at iHomeschool Network & Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I loved The Mysterious Benedict Society! My book club chose it a couple years ago and I greatly enjoyed it. Now that you've reminded me of it, I will have to read the others in the series.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new book is one of my favorite things too! How fun. I need to look at that Josephine Tey book from your reading list- I read one of that author's books years ago and love it. I did not even think to look in to others. Great week!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails