Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A-Z Wednesday


A-Z Wednesday is hosted by Vicky of Reading at the Beach. To join, look here.

This weeks letter is: R

Rilla of Ingleside (Anne of Green Gables, No. 8)

Rilla of Ingleside (Anne of Green Gables, No. 8) by L.M. Montgomery

Book Description:
Anne's children were almost grown up, except for pretty, high-spirited Rilla. Rilla wasn't yet fifteen, and she was still looking forward to her first dance and her first kiss. But undreamed-of challenges awaited irrepressible Rilla when the happy world of Ingleside was endangered by a fearful far-off war. Rilla must join her courageous family in a dramatic struggle that would change her life and leave Rilla no longer a girl, but a proud woman.

My thoughts:
Rilla of Ingleside is the last book in the Anne of Green Gables series and one of my favorite in the series. A couple of years ago when I was re-reading the series, I realized how World War I affected those who were involved in all the years of the war. This is a more of a serious story compared to the other books, the story of Rilla is not a disappointment and is a very satisfactory ending to the saga of Anne.

9 comments:

  1. I've never read any of the Anne of Green Gables books. Didn't realize they went all the way to the WWI era. This one sounds like a great read.
    Here's my "R" book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good

    Here's my R for this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is one I missed along the way! I loved Anne of Green Gables.

    Here's mine:

    http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/06/09/a-z-wednesday/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great read!

    My `R` is up:

    http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/2010/06/revelation-by-beverly-lewis.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    I've read Anne of Green Gables but not the follow up books. I'll have to check into those. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2010/06/z-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. And here I had thought I read all of the Anne of Green Gables books. I now know I was wrong!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/06/to-z-starts-with-r.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this series. One of these days I'll re-read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Anne books- and am glad I didn't discover them until I was an adult. I think I enjoyed them so much more that way. I hope to re-read them someday.
    My R book is up--(a bit late)
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails